Saturday 8 November 2014

Photoshoot for ZARA LEIGH- ORIGINALS AND MANIPULATIONS- PLANNING


Original Photographs

 


 

Being my main feature artist, I felt Zara Leigh's photoshoot was the most significant out of all the shoots I had to conduct for the construction of my magazine. Amber, 'Zara', will be the face of my front cover meaning the quality of the photo's had to be spot on, as well as the mise-en-scene. Bearing this in mind, I concluded I would take a variety of shots of Amber with different camera angles, including- close ups, extreme close ups, medium close ups, mid shots, etc.




Charli XCX Inspired Photography - Manipulated Versions




The above images are inspired by solo artist Charli XCX. Charli XCX is commonly pictured with a particular focal point to the volume and curl to her hair - which adds to her femininity and overall look. The act of raising her head suggests an attitude but not an arrogant one - it implies she is confident and assured, letting no one change her opinions and beliefs. I wanted to achieve those messages within these above images of Amber, the second one being the most effective. Her face is positioned parallel to the camera and her eye contact is strong which says a lot about the artist Zara Leigh overall.

Effy Stonem Inspired Photography - Manipulated Versions

 

 


 


 
 
 
The above images were inspired by actress Effy Stonem. Effy is hugely recognised for posing in photographs rather than smile, which makes her look both mysterious and attractive. I feel I have delivered successful images to closely match my inspirational ideas from Effy - as I have pictured Amber with blank facial expressions which convey a lot of messages about herself and Zara Leigh as an artist. The use of including a lot of close-ups makes the mood seem a lot more intimate with regards to Zara Leigh's relationship with readers - the direct contact reinforces this relationship/connection whilst the black and white effect acts as a prominent feature to Amber's attractiveness. I photoshopped the above pictures on iPiccy.com and adjusted the contrast, exposure, shadowing and highlights to flatter the images.

Further Manipulations of photography

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


















 





The images above are my collection of manipulated photos from my photoshoot with Amber for Zara Leigh. I aimed to manipulate the images in such a way that they didn't appear overedited and quite natural. I have played around with the saturation levels, the contrast, exposure and shadows and have finished with images that I feel look professional and of good quality. I have also displayed a wide variation of shots throughout, making it far easier for me when deciding which photos to use for my front cover, contents page and feature article.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment